Building a house might look complicated, but only until you meet the right person who can guide you through the entire process of designing and building. As registered architects we have the knowledge and experience to play this role, partnering with our clients before they purchase their land and conclude once they are done moving into their new home.
The usual steps we follow are:
- We start by discussing your thoughts, your needs, and your budget.
- We then convert your brief to a building scenario, maximising the potential of your site while taking into account your budget.
- The next step is where it all starts taking shape. Concept design develops into precise plans and we start talking about materials, colours, building methodologies, processes, permits, and tendering.
- Once you feel confident we hit the target, we proceed to construction documentation. This will be submitted to the building surveyor and to builders who are invited to tender the job. Whether you decide to engage a builder or prefer to build as an owner-builder, we are there to assist with evaluation and decisions.
- During construction we act as a liaison between you and your builder, conduct regular site visits checking the quality and the progress of works, assess and approve payment claims, and provide architect's certification upon defect-free completion.
If you would like to find out more about this process, give us a call on 0468-458812 for an obligation-free discussion.